Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Kick off.

Officially started animating yesterday and mostly spent my time searching for reference and sketching out main poses. Before this week had started, I created a detailed day-to-day "curriculum" for myself--outlining my goals.

I decided to take the 12 principles and break them up in order to make sure I focus on a few at a time.

Someone told me that GOOD ANIMATION does not mean EVERYTHING has to move ALL THE TIME.


I haven't animated in maybe a month so I feel very rusty! Creating reference is also about 50% of the work.
quick reference.

I decided to do a quick exercise involving a character and one prop and I found a YouTube video of a guy hopping onto a motorcycle.

I sketched out the main poses (main frames) and not including the in-betweens (Maya takes care of the rest).

Since this is a month long boot-camp, I can't waste time fiddling with broken rigs...a good place to download great rigs (if you can) is www.digitaltutors.com

This morning I spent about 1 1/2 hours animating based off my reference. Of course there is a lot of clean up to be done--but it's good to exercise that muscle and keep moving forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment