Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pose for the camera.

In 3D space, a character's placement or position will look accurate from one perspective. Change the camera around and you can notice that your nice pose looks awkward or unbalanced.

While sketching out my references, I paid attention to the line of action and the silhouettes of the poses. So as I am blocking my character in Maya, I try to check its position based on where I placed my render camera. Eventually I started to get wrapped up in timing out my poses rather than paying attention to the silhouettes. Some funkiness occurred when I took a look at my render camera:


Check out image A and how the limbs are positioned. If I turned off the lights in this scene the wolf/dog character would not "read" well. In image B, I corrected the angle of the leg, knees and position of the head.
Obviously there are still fixes that are needed and I still need to go through and check the rest of my blocked poses for their silhouettes. Doing all the extra work now means that the clean up process won't be too much of an uphill battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment